5 highs in my blogging journey
- The humble beginnings: I started my first blog back in 2006 (much before I was married) when the whole concept of blogging was almost alien in India. I remember my first high when I got my first reader comment and slowly more readers started to trickle in. It was my younger brother who moved to Finland who suggested that I have a blog of my own. He knew how much I loved to read, write and express myself. And so, I took his advice very seriously and created my first blog on blogger more than a decade back. You can check my very first blog here: https://pensense.blogspot.in/2006/10/for-your-eyes-only.html
- The Tina Edit: Getting back to blogging after a long sabbatical from it with a whole new blog identity ´The Tina Edit´(now 7 months old). I had fun creating the logo of this site, choosing the template and customising it to suit my personality, announcing it to the world and taking it to the next level. To see my baby blog project ´The Tina Edit´garner so much love and readership in such a short time is heartening and a special kind of high in itself. There´s still so much to work on and play around with as far as my blog is concerned. #Superbloggerchallenge2018 helps me learn something new each week.
- Debut of my ebook ´Soul Sojourn´: The book currently tops the ´Best Ebooks ever in 2017´on Goodreads.
- The accolades and adulation: Winning the Orange Flower Award by Women´s Web in the category of ´Writing on Work´ and receiving the award from Sudha Menon, one of India´s leading non-fiction writers. Featuring among the top 5 finalists in the category of ´Personal Blogging´,´Humour´, ´Poetry´ and ´Parenting´ . Also, to be listed among the ´Top 35 writers of 2017´ by Youth Ki Awaaz, India´s leading online platform for youth is a feather in my cap. Some of my articles have gone viral. Most notable was when my YKA article came to the notice of Hindi film actor Kunal Kapoor who shared my article on his Twitter handles with some kind words of praise. Another article of mine on Women´s Web on the mandatory saree dress code at the workplace was shared by a government organisation for women on their FB page. And one of my articles on women loitering in the night was shared by the group AintNoCinderella on their Instagram and Twitter handle.
- Meeting so many people who share the same interest and passion as mine – fellow bloggers/writers and readers. It keeps me inspired, motivated and grounded. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you do!
7 tips I would like to give to the 2019 Super Blogger Challengers
- Take the challenge seriously: Because this is the real deal. The hosts and organisers of this challenge are sincere and serious about their part.
- Learn: Trust me, there is lots to learn from the experienced hosts. Every article, tip and video they share are golden words of wisdom and knowledge. The last video I saw by Uttpal Krishnan on the use of Twitter threw so much light on this dark topic for me. Superbloggerchallenge Academy has wonderful learning resources compiled by Dr.Amrita Basu , Uttpal Krishna and Dr. Bushra. I highly recommend you to go through them.
- Explore and get creative: I learn something new every week thanks to the resources from Dr.Amrita, Uttpal and Dr. Bushra. In my last post, I used slideshows for the first time in my blog post and it was so cool. Be creative in not just your content but also how you choose to present it to the readers.
- Reach out: Go to other participant´s blogs, follow them, read their posts, comment, share your link and invite them to come to your blog. After all, we are part of the same community and we are family. Always respond to your readers as well.
- Be kind and respectful: It is important to be kind and respectful towards other participants. You show it by reading their blogs, commenting and sharing them. Needless to add, you must respect and value the host or organisers´ time and efforts as well. It doesn´t hurt to show your gratitude to the hosts when they take the pains and efforts to educate and teach us something new. Also, if you have any queries or need help, remember they are simply a DM, Watsapp, Tweet away.
- Start early: Post your blog early in the challenge. Preferably on the first day itself or the first half week of the challenge. You can connect with other bloggers, get more readership and increase your chances of staying in the competition for long.
- Have fun: The most important tip is to enjoy the challenge. If you are not having fun learning, networking and blogging together as a community, then there is no point in taking part. If you can give it your 100% wholeheartedly with a cheerful attitude, only then would I highly recommend participating in it.
One wish for my blog: That it gets more popular as the years go by
One blogging challenge that you would recommend: Super Blogger Challenge
5 favourite holiday destinations: Goa, Kerala, California, Sedona & anywhere it snows
5 things you cannot live without: Love, Spirituality, Humanity, Creativity and Growth
Your dream holiday destination: New Zealand
Your dream home: Any place in the mountains where it is serene and green
I hope you enjoyed this read. Please do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
No comments yet
Reblogged this on Vartikasdiary.
Hi Vartika! Thank you so much for sharing! 🙂
Glad to know more about you and your accolades Tina. You penned it so beautifully. I am new to blogging and look up to writers like you as my inspiration. Keep rocking. Reblogged it on my blog #SuperBloggerChallenge 2018
Hi Vartika! If I can do it, anyone can…Be focused, consistent in your writing and network. I wish you all the best in your journey. 🙂 Thank you so much for the kind words. Keep reading! #SuperBloggerChallenge 2018
Thanks for the guidance and motivation Tina 😊
My pleasure always, Vartika! Keep reading! Love and Cheers!
I enjoyed reading this post. Very honest and nice. Hope you continue doing the good work. All the best.
Thank you so much, Snehal..glad you liked the post. I surely will,,with all your good wishes and comments. Keep stopping by and sharing your thoughts! #SuperBloggerChallenge 2018
Superb suggestions Mam
My pleasure, Rashim! Please don´t call me Mam :)…Tina will do. Glad you liked them..Keep reading! 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge 2018
Sure Tina,nice to hear from you
Nice to hear from you too, Rashim. Keep stopping by! 🙂
Wow, so much in one post. Apart from the first two accolades, I am aware of all. I congratulated you too (hope you remember, even if not, no worry) and it’s bloggers like you who work as inspiration for the newbies. I too initially started blogging in 2007 but don’t know why stopped and have picked up again in 2017. So, not really a newbie to blog writing but definitely to the many new aspects of it, esp the social media front. 🙂
Hi Rashi! Yes, I remember..How can I forget! I can understand being in the same shoes myself. For me, family commitments took priority and suddenly, I wasn´t too comfortable writing so publically. That was also one hesitation that cropped up in between. I´ve overcome those blocks and am glad to be doing what I love best. Yes, social media can be quite challenging and time-consuming. Keep reading and sharing your thoughts 🙂
Thanks for reverting, Tina. Not many established bloggers do. 🙂
Your journey is inspiring and impressive. Would love to try read your book too
Thank you so much for the kind words, Saba! I will share the details of the book soon and let you know for sure. Keep reading. 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge 2018.
Yayy..Happy to know that Kerala is one of your most favourite destinations. Being a Malayali, that’s something to be happy about 🙂 . And hey, great post.A total inspiration!
Hi Nimmy! Btw, I am a Malayali too..married to a Goan guy. That´s why the surname 🙂 I love Kerala…feels like homecoming always. Thank you so much for the kind words. Keep stopping by! 🙂
Wohoo..Now that’s a news!! Happy news indeed 🙂
Hahahaha…Same pinch 🙂
I wish all bloggers would keep a separate accolades page… you have so many wonderful wins already. They need their own page to be showcased in.
Hi Dr.Roshan! Coming from you, it´s high praise…:) I have thought about it….Let me take it seriously after your suggestion. 🙂 Thank you so much! 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge 2018
Nice read , Congratulations for the award and ebook 🙂
You have given nice tips on this Challenge 🙂
Thank you so much, Ghazala for the warm wishes! Glad you agree on the tips for the future participants. 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge 2018
congratulations on achieving so much. I hope to be there someday. #superbloggerchallenge2018
Hi Richa! Totally…I hope you do too. If I can do it, anyone can. All it takes is some focus and passion to keep going. I wish you all the best in this journey. 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge 2018
Your brother looks so cute Tina. I started blogging eleven years after my marriage and that also happened by chance. My first post on my blog was a poem on my daughter. I am going through several other posts in your blog and I really have to hand it to you. You really know how to hold the reader’s interest right up to the last word of the post. Several times while reading blog posts, somewhere midway I tend to scroll down figuring out how much more is left to read. But I don’t have any such problem with your posts. I really liked your post on Sabyasachi Mukherjee’s comments about Indian women and the Saree. It is rather ridiculous to connect a piece of clothing to a woman’s dignity. I will keep visiting your blog. Looking forward to future posts. Very valid advice you have given for bloggers aspiring to participate in SuperBloggerChallenge 2019 #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
Hi Jai! Thank you so much for those lovely kind words. It is really like ´manna to the writer´s soul´. I´m glad you enjoyed reading the other posts as well…Keep reading and I love your blogs as well. Would love to read the poem on your daughter..will visit your blog for the same. 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
Wonderful to know more about you Tina. Your blogging journey so far has been really good. And your tips arr spot on!
Hi Namratha! I share the same sentiment as well..I enjoy reading your blogs and it´s been wonderful knowing you too. Yes, it´s been a good journey so far! 🙂 Thank you so much for the appreciatory words. #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
Lovely reading about your blogging journey.Thank you for hearing the soul song of Super Blogger Challenge .
Your kind words are deeply appreciated.
Aww,Dr. Amrita! Coming from you, it is indeed high praise. I´m so happy to be part of this challenge and community. And you all are doing such an impressive job hosting a challenge of this scale. Kudos to you all – Dr.Busha, Uttpal and you! Thank you for all that you do for us! Keep stopping by! #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
Great to know of your blogging journey. Thanks for sharing the tips.
My pleasure, Lakshmi! Glad you liked this post and keep stopping by 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
Congrats on the Orange Flower Award, just how do we get that 🙂
Awesome tips as well. Respect is so necessary.
Hi Zainab! Every year, Women´s Web announces these awards around the month of September-October. You will have to keep a watch on those announcements. The finalists and winners are chosen by an external jury of esteemed journalists, authors and experts in the given category as well as via public voting. Hope that helps! Yes, I agree that respect is important – to your work, hosts and fellow participants. 🙂 Thanks for the wishes and kind words. Glad you liked it..Keep reading 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
What a wonderful journey! Somewhat related to my dream journey with my blog..!
Great to know about you.#Superbloggerchallenge2018
Hi MsArora! Its great to know you too via this challenge. Thank you so much..Yes, it´s been a good ride so far 🙂 …If I can do it, anyone can. I wish you all the best. 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
Same here…trying to improve and working hard. Thanks a lot for your motivation.
That’s a wonderful journey Tina. Even I started blogging around 2006. The best thing about writing is the creativity and happiness that we get.
That is wonderful to know, Ramya 🙂 I totally agree…it gives a creative satisfaction like no other 🙂 I honestly feel everyone must write…if not blogging..but writing in general..a journal but write Thanks for the kind words and keep reading 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa.
This is such an amazing journey Tina, I always enjoyed reading your posts. and you had shared really cool tips as well. best of luck for future, and it is great to get connected with you! #superbloggerchallenge2018
Hi Surbhi! Thank you so much and the feeling is mutual, my dear! It was such a lovely surprise today to discover that you are a homeopath. That is lovely…and an enjoyable read too. I wish you all the best in this journey as well and keep stopping by 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
Thanks for the info, I am a newbie on here. I will use your tips to help me further my blogs.
My pleasure always! If I can do it, anyone can…be focussed, keep writing, reading and learning something new each day. Networking is important too..:) Keep stopping by and I wish you all the best for your journey 🙂
Wow, many congratulations for all ur success.
I love ur writing, it’s lucid and engaging.
Wish u many more success
Pls read my week5 post for #superbloggerchallenge2018 #instacuppa
Hi Aritra! Thank you so much for the lovely words and warm wishes. It´s always great to hear positive feedback. And, I wish you all the best and more success in the future as well. Keep reading and sharing your thoughts 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
Wow! What a journey! I didn’t know you are blogging since 2006. We have been in touch since last one year or so but you have achieved a lot in this one year or so. All I want to say, keep blogging and keep getting to new heights.
Hi Paresh! Yes, I started in 2006..blogged quite actively for a year and then marriage, motherhood and travel happened. So, blogging took a complete backseat. It is only last year when I started blogging again actively, I must say..So, yes in that sense, its been a wonderful journey . Thank you so much for the warm wishes..you have been a great friend and I love your current posts on sports in particular :). Keep stopping by and sharing your thoughts. 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
Amazing journey . Thanks for sharing tips
Thank you so much, Parag! Yes, it´s been a good ride so far..My pleasure! Keep stopping by 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa
Congratulation on the Orange Flower award, Tina. It surely is a huge encouragement for a blogger and writer to be appreciated for their work.
P.S: I loved how you clubbed so many topics in one post. Smart writing. 😉
Hi Varsh! Thank you so much, my friend…you´ve been most kind and appreciative. I agree..it serves as a huge boost to your morale and confidence, I must admit. Even though, awards are not the ´be all and end all´ of your passion. In the bigger picture, it shouldnt matter as nothing is bigger than one´s passion to do good work. Hahaa…I know…but I enjoyed writing for this one 🙂 Keep stopping by and sharing your thoughts 🙂 #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa