Super Blogger Challenge 2018 has helped me in more ways than one. Here are my 5 key learnings so far in this incredible challenge:
- Write quality content consistently: I love how the hosts (Dr.Amrita, Uttpal, and Dr.Bushra) suggest writing prompts for the participants. Having these prompts help in knocking off the writer´s block. In the first three weeks of the challenge, we were given a wide choice of 30 topics to choose from. But, we had to write only three articles – one article per week. Not daunting at all! These ready prompts give us enough choice to pick a topic of our interest and time to research thoroughly on the subject. Not just writing prompts, but also various content formats which we can experiment with and use to present out articles in a more engaging fashion.
- Read and learn: We learn more when we visit others´ sites and read what they have to share. I learn so much from each and every participant. Everyone has their own style of writing, unique strengths and always something valuable and interesting to share. When we visit other participant´s websites, it gives us an opportunity to learn from them.
- Social media marketing: When I started in 2006, social media was not such a significant phenomenon as it is today. Facebook had just started to make in-roads. In India, it was practically unheard of for the majority of people. Forget Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and the likes didn´t even exist back then. So, blogging was relatively much , but it had a limited reach as well. Today, blogging has undergone a sea change thanks to social media. Content marketing is an integral part of blogging today. Many bloggers (including myself ) struggle with catching up and keeping pace with various social media platforms. This is where the Super Blogger Academy comes into the picture. Their tutorials and weekly home assignments are highly recommended to learn the nuances of blogging and social media marketing. The tutorials range from using social media platforms such as Pinterest, Twitter, FB to blogging tools such as Canva to monetizing our blogs.
- Understand brand tone, language, and promotion: Unlike other blogging challenges, the Super Blogger Challenge is tied up with reputed brands. This gives the participants the opportunity to work with brands – research their products, learn their USP and communicate with the right brand strategy and in the right brand tone. It gives us the real-time experience to work with top-notch brands.
- Make real connections and the controversial topic of ´voting´: When we are in the challenge with so many other contenders, it helps us to come out of our cocoon and make connections. While for some making connections come naturally, for many others it is a real struggle. The Super Blogger Challenge has helped me forge new connections and make the existing ones stronger. Another important aspect under this point is the controversial topic of ´voting.´ But, voting is a necessary evil today. Every contest seeks votes and is a significant determinant for winning at the end. Voting is also one of the main reasons many people don´t enter into such contests in the first place as they find it very daunting. The #Superbloggerchallenge2018 challenges us to reach out to as many connections we know and garner votes in our favor.
In conclusion, one of the best decisions of 2018 so far for me has been participating in the #SuperBloggerChallenge 2018. I speak on behalf of all when I say that the efforts of the organizers and hosts have been nothing but exemplary so far. And, I am eagerly looking forward to the remaining part of the challenge and what treasures it unravels.
(Author´s Note: This is written for the #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #Instacuppa hosted by HealthWealthBridge.com, FashionableFoodz.com and AllAboutTheWoman.com. The challenge is from 15 Feb – 26 April 2018. This article is based on based on some of the prompts for Week 5. This article should not be re purposed, republished or use otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger but some of the images shown may be subject to copyright. SuperBloggerChallenge2018 is not responsible for any infringement caused.)