The month of September has been an eventful one. Thanks to Blogchatter´s #MyFriendAlexa campaign!
My new blog ´The Tina Edit´ was publicly announced on 2 Aug 2017. I was lucky that I had an Alexa rank reflect right away. Typically, it takes about 3 months to show the Alexa ranking for a new blog. Sometimes, blogs do not even show an Alexa ranking due to low traffic and readership. I must thank all my readers especially for showing such love and support ever since I announced the new blog.
Exactly, a month after the announcement of my blog, the #MyFriendAlexa campaign kicked off with over 100 participants. As on 1 Sep 2017, my Alexa Rank globally was 4,040,370 and in India, it was 1,67,693.
More than the number crunching, this campaign really helped me focus on writing, meet new writers, read varied perspectives and learn along the way.
A month later, here are the stats as of 1 Oct 2017.
- My current Alexa Rank globally is 1,335,966 and in India, it is 50,464. That´s a neat 67% drop in global rank and 70% drop in India rank.
- While the #MyAlexa campaign required a minimum of 8 blogs to be posted this month, I managed to write 32 blogs and read over 100 blogs this month alone. I have ventured into Flash Fiction which is completely new territory for me and it was a surprise to discover how much I enjoyed it.
- In just 2 months, my blog has 7630 hits as of today
- 516 people follow the blog via email subscription and 47 people follow via wordpress.com
- The profile of readers is diverse with the bulk of readership coming in mainly from India, US, Australia, UK,UAE, Canada, Italy, Spain, Singapore amongst the other countries.
My key takeaway from this experience can be best summed in this quote –
´Tiny drops of water make a mighty ocean´
Yes, if venturing into your own blog and building a loyal reader base seems like a huge task like the vast, expansive ocean, #MyFriendAlexa has taught me that every drop of water, blog post matters into helping your dream materialize.
Yes, there´s a method, a definite patten to all this madness!
As one challenge comes to a close, here comes another one – I’m participating in the Write Tribe Problogger October 2017 Blogging Challenge through October and will be following the prompts suggested. #MondayMusings